The 11th EurOMA Workshop on Journal Publishing in Operations Management is especially organized for faculty in the field of Operations Management (OM), who wish to increase the quality of their publications in recognized international academic journals in the field.
The Publishing Workshop process has three specific steps:
Step 1: Writing
The Publishing Workshop process starts with a EurOMA conference abstract which has been accepted for the main conference programme and also for the Publishing Workshop. Following acceptance, each participant will develop the abstract into a conference paper. This paper forms the basis for participation in the Publishing Workshop. In the workshop, each paper will be allocated to a reviewer or journal editorial board member as discussant, who will comment on the content and clarity of presentation of the ideas.
Step 2: Overview of the submission and review process
The workshop will start with a session with reviewers and members of the editorial boards, where participants will be briefed on the editorial policy, publication process and strategies for submission.
Step 3: Small Group Discussions
Discussion of each paper will follow, in small group sessions. These sessions will enable participants to obtain feedback on their papers from the reviewers and editorial board members, as well as from other workshop participants in the same track. The suggestions for further development will allow authors to identify the key steps to bring the paper up to publication standards. There is, of course, no certainty of subsequent publication as a result of the participation in the Workshop since the journals’ blind review is the only process that leads to the acceptance of a paper for publication.
Application, Submission and Review
To apply for participation in the Publishing Workshop, applicants must submit his/her accepted conference abstract by e-mail no later than March 28, 2018 to both Professor Juliana Hsuan at firstname.lastname@example.org and Professor Cristina Gimenez at email@example.com.
The acceptance decision will be based on three criteria:
- Relevance and fit with the scope of the journal(s)
- Opportunity for increasing participation by researchers for whom English is not a first language.
Acceptance will be notified by email to participants on April 13, 2018.
The Publishing Workshop begins on June 23 at 8:30 with registration and ends at 17:00. It is expected that participants stay for the full duration of the workshop.
Registration and Fee
The Workshop will be open only to accepted and registered EurOMA 2018 Conference participants. Accepted participants for the Publishing Workshop should register for the Workshop through the Conference database (please look for it in the “optional programs” after registration). The registration fee is €125. It includes documents, morning and afternoon refreshments and a light lunch.
This year’s Editors
- Professor Christopher Voss, London Business School and Warwick Business School, Consulting Editor International Journal of Operations & Production Management (IJOPM), Associate Editor Journal of Service Research (JSR) and Editorial Board member Journal of Product Innovation Management (JPIM)
- Professor Cipriano Forza, Università di Padova, Associate Editor Decision Sciences Journal (DSJ)
- Professor Cristina Gimenez, ESADE Business School, Co-Editor-in-Chief IJOPM
- Professor Jan Olhager, Lund University, Editor-in-Chief Operations Management Research (OMR), Associate Editor IJOPM, Associate Editor DSJ
- Professor Juliana Hsuan, Copenhagen Business School, Associate Editor IJOPM, Associate Editor DSJ
- Professor Mark Pagell, University College Dublin, Co-Editor-in-Chief Journal of Supply Chain Management (JSCM)
- Professor Juliana Hsuan
- Professor Cristina Gimenez
- Professor Christopher Voss
- Professor Cipriano Forza
Professor Juliana Hsuan
Copenhagen Business School
Department of Operations Management
Diamond Congress Ltd.